Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

tired


I just can't seem to get enough sleep. After more than eight hours last night, I took a nap and just couldn't seem to wake up. I suspect that my body is in recovery mode.

I'm happy to let it rest and relax - at least for today. Tomorrow we're hiking.

The Cedar Farmer's Market is getting to be "the" place to go on Sundays. While I was gone it quite magically expanded to almost twice its size and it continues to be absolutely fabulous. Today's haul included blueberries, fresh bread, tomatoes, eggs and baby Yukon Gold potatoes.

I am still pondering my working life. I know I can't do all the assignments the publisher wants me to do next week. I know I will have to say no. I don't know how far that word will carry.

It may well be time to re-define my working arrangement completely.

Still thinking. I am hampered partly by a work ethic that says I must do what I have been asked (told) to do and do it quickly and well and never complain or stand up for myself. This mindset demands a re-examination.

No comments:

Post a Comment