Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wisconsin


I must have been mad to think I could do North Dakota by this evening! I'm still in Wisconsin! I completely forgot about the state of Minnesota.

I wonder how many people can completely misplace an entire state.

And then. there I was driving through a variety of thunderstorms and heat waves and suddenly discovered that my air conditioning no longer worked! Egad! What to do? The nice folks at the gas station opined that garages were probably closed on a Saturday. Not acceptable! After all, I have a dog in the car.

As my worry grew along with the inside temperature I suddenly noticed that when I had had the defrost on earlier in the day to handle fogged up windows, I had turned on the heat just a tad to clear the fog more quickly.

Then, when I turned on the AC, I'd forgotten to turn the heat off to cold.

Duh!

In other words, the AC is just fine. Sometimes I have to laugh at my own idiocy.

Things to be grateful for today" NPR - I LOVE it! Its interesting, thought provoking and several times today, utterly hilarious!

Scenery? Flat mostly - rolling and pretty in central Wisconsin. I plan to stop at Sandpoint Idaho after Glacier. USA Today just proclaimed it the most beautiful small town in America and I plan to check it out. It also happens to have a lot of hiking.

North Dakota tomorrow perhaps?

Stay tuned

One last thought - when driving I94 in the Chicago area be prepared for death by a thousand duck bites - disguised as toll booths in what seems like every 100 yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment