Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Langley


We had a lovely start to the trip. Having a reservation on the ferry can make all the difference. That and a GPS. Let me give an enormous shout-out of thanks right now to everyone who told me to buy a GPS! One of the best pieces of advice I have ever received. It directed me to one of the nicest parks in Tsawassen where Abby and I walked along the dike for miles under clear blue skies with the mountains in the background. It was heaven.

The GPS then steered me to Langley and P's house. We went out to dinner in White Rock (yummy Indian food) and then a walk on Crescent Beach.

As I said - an excellent start. Abby tried to make friends with Sophie - P's cat.She wasn't having any of it. I think Abby feels snubbed. She will, however, get over it. Wait, let me check - yep, she's over it.

Woke up at 5 a.m. This always happens when I'm on the road. I'm always so eager to be up and going. So I suspect I shall be off to Nelson by 7. Had a lovely walk with Abby already. This is a very serene old established neighbourhood - beautiful place. Although how someone can live with white wall to wall carpets is beyond me. Let me put it this way - it's just as well that Abby is a yellow lab and not a black one.

Let the adventure continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment