Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

earth


I'm an odd combination of earth and sky person - maybe because I was born on the cusp of an earth and air sign. (if you put credence in that sort of thing.) Maybe that's why my favourite thing in the world is hiking in the high alpine - earth and sky.

And I love getting into the garden and really working at it - that's what I did this morning. Working in the earth grounds me and makes me feel good. So, truthfully, I'm not really that upset that my morning interview was a no-show. I sowed more lettuce seeds, hoed, weeded, cleaned out the strawberry bed, weeded some more (does it ever end?), put down more straw, trimmed the runners and watered the raspberries and the vegetable garden.

In the background, Paul and his crew were haying - nothing says summer more than making hay.

I love gardening in the sun. Oh sure, I'll go out and do it in early spring but only because I have to, not because I want to. On a day like this I look for excuses to get out there.

So far it's been a grand way to spend my second last day here.

Two more sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment