Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday in Wellington


Why am I so busy?

Here I am "on vacation" and I have too damn much to do.

Sigh. I suppose it's way better than not having anything to do. I think I keep myself busy because I am staying with my mother who is 95 and doesn't hear well and I get tired of having conversations with her where I have to shout non-stop.

Okay - yesterday I toured Kingston with my brother, sister-in-law, nephew and his wife. Surprisingly charming city with very old and architecturally interesting buildings made of the local limestone. Today I am cooking for the family so must do shopping too. I also still have to walk Abby twice a day and there always seems to be something that needs doing.

I have to get an oil change before I go and, because this is a small village with a population of only 1800, I have to drive to the next larger town of Belleville.

It's all good though. Another nearby town - Picton - has a movie theatre that is playing Harry Potter so I will hit that for a matinee either tomorrow or Wednesday.

It's interesting being here. I feel suspended in time. Odd. Everything feels like it is on hold until I start wending my way back again on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment