Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

Michigan


Battle Creek Michigan tonight - about two hours northeast of Chicago. I did not expect to travel so far today but in a way today was effortless.

I woke up before 5 a.m. and left before 6. Mom got teary-eyed of course and I look back on her tiny, lonely figure waving good-bye from her porch with tremendous tenderness. As she said, she may never see me again. I brushed it off but I recognize the very real possibility. She has a huge heart - she really does. I wish she didn't drive me crazy.

It's so much easier to love her from a distance. I feel love for her now - and that's a rare feeling. I treasure it. And we did have a nice evening yesterday - a good talk. I know I helped my bro and sis-in-law out and that feels good. And I loved connecting with my nephew again - I do love that boy.  (man)

And what an easy drive today - zoomed through Toronto rush hour traffic - zipped through US customs at Sarnia (they all love Abby) - heck - the customs officer even smiled!

Drove through three dramatic rainstorms - one so severe I pulled off the highway at a rest stop and napped - lucky I was so close to a stop. All in all - a great day. Wonderful to be alone again with Abby. I love the peace of alone time. I love that I decided on a nice hotel room with a king size bed - what a luxury after a week of sleeping on a pull-out couch.

The road beckons - I love the road.

And I also love the idea of going home - I appreciate my home more that ever. And I'm anxious for the mountains - for Glacier and Baker and peaks and valleys - I am living a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment