Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Prince Edward County


I arrived in Wellington Ontario at about 2 p.m. on Friday - and brought a heat wave with me. And I am not going to complain - not for a second!

I had interesting emotions as I was driving down from Sudbury early Friday morning. I remembered the little girl I was (about 9 years old) when my brothers and I left Sudbury on the train all those years ago to start a new life in Toronto. I thought about that hopeful, innocent little critter and it brought tears to me eyes. Poor little girl.

And then I wondered at that - at why I felt such compassion and heartache for her. Why not joy and excitement? A question that deserves pondering.

I'm still slightly tired from my drive - and I'm doing my best with my mother although she does drive me to distraction. I know she means well - and she's generous. But her paranoia and general negative attitude toward life is hard to live with.

Still - I'm breathing, relaxing as much as I can and doing as much for her as I can. And taking long walks with Abby to get a break.

It's working.

The trip back will be much more leisurely and I suspect a lot more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment