Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday in North Dakota


Ah - Sunday night - in Minot North Dakota.

Today's impressions: The drive through the US is much more interesting than through Canada. North Dakota is much prettier than I had imagined and highway 2 is the way to go.

I should't worry about Abby being TOO quiet in the back seat  - she's just a good traveler - not ill. Right now I am endlessly tossing her bear across the hotel room and she's a happy and energetic camper.

Trying to buy prepared deli salads in the grocery store without bacon bits is a lost cause. Tonight's dinner is peanut butter and crackers. Abby, on the other hand, had steak - no problem at all finding that.

Minnesota has great rest stops.

North Dakota has even better rest stops.

Accommodations tonight are in a super lovely deluxe Best Western - I think I deserve it after the Motel 6 last night. Besides, I was tired and in no mood to drive farther.

Scraped my front bumper against a low stone wall pulling into the parking space. I'm telling myself it doesn't matter - a car needs a few travel scars.

I'm excited about getting to Glacier tomorrow and driving the Going to the Sun Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment