Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

Leaving....


I'm leaving in about an hour. The lightness passes through me, threatening to send me adrift - but wait - I want to be set adrift. That is the entire purpose here. Along with lightness is a growing excitement that manifests in my tummy and in restlessness. I want the next hour to pass quickly. Instead of taking a lot of things down to the car, I make multiple trips - eating up time.

The trunk is already packed full and there are still two small coolers to fit in. One cooler contains my stash of chocolate; the other is Abby-dedicated. Therefore it's full of raw chicken.

I carry my food with me on the road. I don't subscribe to fast-food culture. So I also have a bag full of high energy cookies for lunch and apples and bananas for breakfast. Each day I stop at a grocery store and buy dinner (salads, dips) for me and for Abby - whatever is reasonably priced in the meat section: beef liver or heart or chicken thighs maybe. We both stay healthy and happy.

That's also one of the reasons there's a lot of stuff in the trunk. I have one suitcase and one backpack. Abby has blankets and towels, food bowls and toys and a huge water jug. Yes, I travel more lightly than my dog.

I love traveling and I really love traveling with Abby. She's an amazing companion on a road trip. Without her I wouldn't stop to explore nearly as often. As I drive I keep in mind trails and parks and places to walk or run.

Tonight we will stay in Langley.

No comments:

Post a Comment