Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Still in Ontario


Still here. And it seems to be getting better - in some almost indefinable way. My bro and sis-in-law came over for a vegan meal last night and I'm pleased to say they loved it. But what's not to like about potato pancakes? (and portabelo mushrooms and sauteed frenched beans and carrots etc.)

Mom could be so different and so well liked if she made the effort. Sitting around the dining room table last night we all had a good conversation - a rarity given my brother tends to pontificate ad make pronouncements from on high and my mother tends to be silent in company. But we sat around the table and told good stories and I think actually enjoyed ourselves. This morning, mom seemed happier too. When she's happy being around her is fine.

And then of course my bro and I had a fight yesterday. It's almost inevitable at least once when we see each other for an extended period of time. He believes he's god or emperor or some such thing and when he has an opinion on something (and he has opinions on everything) he is absolutely right and brooks no discussion or debate.

And I love him. So there. There is much to love about him. He's bright and he has a huge heart - hides it well but it's there.

Off for an oil change this morning and while Kal Tire looks after my car, I'm going to wander through the village and poke around the shops.

Three more sleeps until Abby and I hit the road again - and the way back will be huge fun. I feel it in my bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment