Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Nelson

After almost nine hours of driving, Abby and I arrived in Nelson. What can I say? I love my GPS!

Beyond that, there's quite a bit to say. We left early - 7 a.m. on a cool, cloudy morning - very West Coast. The weather continued unsettled through the Fraser Valley and Manning Park. Then as soon as we hit the high summit in the park and started down the other side, the clouds rolled away and blue skies broke through - sun and heat and sparkling blue lakes - and I suddenly understood why people vacation in the Okanagan.

Highway three is so beautiful. I grew more and more enamoured of the changing scenery and the far views of distant mountains. Late in the afternoon we pulled into Nelson. C&N have the loveliest house in the charming older part of the city. They have such taste and are so talented! Lovely to visit with them - after I managed to settle Abby down. Giving her a good run helped. I fear, though, that for her the house is Disneyland. There's so much "stuff" here and most of it within reach. And then there's the other dog and a cat - well, it's Abby's idea of heaven!

Today we're off to hike in the mountains - the sky is a predictable blue. It's nice to walk today rather than drive. When I put my head on the pillow last night to go to sleep it felt like the bed was moving - the road speeding by beneath the mattress.

No comments:

Post a Comment