Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

Gratitude #8


I am truly grateful for Fridays.

I have always loved Fridays and I never intend to stop. Even when I've loved my work, which has been almost always, I still have loved Fridays.

Friday is like an exclamation point at the end of a sentence. It leads into a new paragraph - two days of utter untrammeled freedom to do anything I please before a new paragraph and sentence begins on Monday.

Friday let's me wrap up loose ends and make sure that next week is scheduled in such an orderly manner that I don't have to think about it for the next two days.

Even in the old days when I often worked seven days a week - and almost as many nights - Fridays were wonderful because work wound down. When I worked on weekends, I could do it in my PJ's and no one would complain.

Today is an especially yummy Friday because yesterday was so busy with so many involved and complicated stories. By 5.30 p.m. I was done and felt so proud of myself. Got my achievement needs met big time.

So today everything is about relaxing, winding down, pulling all the loose ends together and making sure next weed is organized. I love it! And in my plentitude of spare time, I shall further investigate an e-reader. I sense that I will be making that purchase very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment