Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Gratitude # 17


Someone once said, "Every day above ground is a good day."

I'll drink to that - although in my case "drink" is a glass of water. I know - so boring.

Leaving that aside, aside, what I'm trying to say is that I am deeply, profoundly grateful to be alive. Every breath is a miracle. I feel fortunate that there are many times when I become fully aware of how stupendously fortunate I am to be breathing, walking, talking, living in this beautiful world.

This moment - right here and now - is a miracle. Oh sure, the easy bits of wonderment I can point to are the technology of this computer, the Internet - bloody blogging for all that - amazing!

Even more amazing, however, is what I see outside my window: towering fir trees, a green green field - so green it almost hurts the eyes. I have blue skies and sunshine and birdsong - all of it - all of it mind boggling.

I am alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment