Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gratitude #26


I love Valhalla Pure. It embodies everything that's good about retail. First, it has real quality outdoor clothing and gear. It specializes and it does that really well. Most of all I love Valhalla Pure for its customer service.

Today I walked into the store with my Merrell hiking boots that I bought in February. I wore them in the rain for three hours on Monday and they proved themselves to be seriously not waterproof as advertised. My feet got so soaked I could almost wring out my socks when I got home. Happily, I was wearing Smartwool socks so my feet were warm even though they were wet.

At any rate, I took the boots back. Merrell honoured their one-year guarantee and Valhalla gave me a new pair of boots on the spot.

I always have a good experience in this store. Unlike those "big box" sports stores, the employees in this one are actual outdoor people who know the clothing and gear and the activities you engage in and offer real help and genuinely good advice.

Valhalla Pure isn't the only terrific store like this. I know quite a few that I love - but Valhalla certainly is a shining example. What could have been a hassle (returning a product I no longer had a receipt for) was a simple, enjoyable experience. Heck, they didn't even ask me for my receipt.

So - kudos! And thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment