Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Gratitude #17


There are flies in the house!

And that's a good thing!

No, I haven't lost my mind. It's just that when my house has flies and wasps buzzing around it means that summer is really here. In other words, it's warm enough to leave the door open and that's like an invitation to anything with wings. I've even had to capture a swallow and put it back outside.

Abby loves having the door open. She is a sun dog - a tanning dog - a soak-up-the-vitamin D dog. The deck faces due south and let me tell you, it get's hot! No matter - Abby is out there smiling a big ear-to-ear grin.

I love the breeze wafting through my little apartment. I love the way everything slows down in the heat. If wasps come in, they just tend to glue themselves to the windows and they're easy to grab and put back outside. As for the flies - the annoying buzzing and crazy zigging and zagging is the price I pay for summer. A very small price indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment