Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gratitude #30


Love, love love meeting deadlines! I am such an achievement slut!

So , even though I may not be grateful at the time when I am given tight deadlines, I really, really am in the long run. Days like today are so satisfying. Here it is, the end of a workday - I wrote two features, edited several more, met every deadline, even the tough last minute ones - and I feel soooo good.

I know, that's weird. I'm supposed to be retired! Ha!

This is what retirement looks like: being grateful for work you love to do and for the satisfaction that brings. Keeping on, keeping on folks.

And now, I feel like I have really earned the right to put up my feet and open a good book and read until dinner time and then read some more and then got to bed and drift into the sleep of the righteous. Yup - damn straight - righteous it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment