Search This Blog

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gratitude #21


I have often said that Maple Mountain near Crofton is the prettiest place to hike south of Strathcona Park on Vancouver Island.

I'm happy to repeat that statement again and again. I know of few other places where mountains and ocean come together so harmoniously and where both are so easily accessible.

This morning Abby and I hiked the yellow and blue trails - a beautiful four-hour circuit. The sun shone, the breeze stirred the air gently, the birds sang their hearts out and it was as perfect a day on the trail as you can imagine.

How lucky am I that this experience is a 40-minute drive from my home?

Abby and I had a welcome nap when we got back and now I think it's time to go out and make a bit more vitamin D - the big hay field, the vegetable garden - both are beckoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment