Search This Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Gratitude #27


I am grateful for ordinary Sundays - a day just like today.

I walked Abby by the Nanaimo River in warm morning sunshine and went to the farmer's market where I was almost overwhelmed with the richness of choice of luscious local produce. I bought eggs for Abby and for me: kale, mixed greens, winter lettuce, tomatoes, yellow peppers and a heavy loaf of 100 percent rye bread.

Back home I watered the garden and then read until lunch. I adore reading the newspaper over lunch - then a nap and then, a yummy new brand of organic free trade dark chocolate.

A walk with Abby to Boat Harbour took most of the afternoon and now I'm reading again - the last book of The Hunger Games trilogy.

So that is an ordinary Sunday. Nothing exciting - nothing momentous - nothing really worth reporting. But it's a lovely day - a day of resting and idling the time away.

I love days like today.

3 comments:

  1. I think I said "eggs for Abby" in my post - most mornings Abby eats a raw egg for breakfast - or she gets a can of sardines...

    ReplyDelete
  2. obviously I should have put a comma after "and" - punctuation is everything

    ReplyDelete