Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gratitude #16


I am grateful for local farmer's markets - all of them, but especially my own local Cedar Farmer's Market. Today was opening day and it was so spectacular it almost made me cry. There's just something about big, festive happy crowds that makes me cry.

All the vendors were there and I even took advantage or the pain clinic to get a 10 minute chair massage for my shoulder. It helped!

Today I bought a brick - that's what the bakery calls its 100 percent rye bread and yes, it does look and feel like a brick and I'm sure it's going to be really tasty. I bought tons of young mixed greens - dinner! I bought local eggs and greenhouse tomatoes that look amazing! Lunch today: sliced brick with avocado and tomato - yessss.

Any old ordinary opening day would have been just fine but today it happens to be warm and there isn't a single cloud in that cerulean sky.

Do days get any better than this?

I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment