Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Weekend at last


This was the Ontario scenery I enjoyed only three weeks ago. Hard to fathom that this is the landscape I was walking through only three weeks ago. And two weeks ago I was walking through the streets of a small town in central Michigan.

I think I was born a nomad at heart. At the same time, it's good to be home - and to be going to Strathcona to hike this weekend. I am breathing easier. These past four days were crazy. But I think I'm caught up. Tomorrow I will try once again to uncover the mysteries of the irrigation system on the farm. With any luck I'll get it working. If not, perhaps I'll just sit down and cry - at least the tears will offer one tiny option of dampness for the plants.

Meanwhile I have harvested beans, summer savory and more raspberries.

Summer is bountiful, prodigal and and immeasurably delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment