Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

still learning


Yup - at the ripe old age of almost 65, I am still learning - daily. Some lessons are harder than others - like lessons about my shortcomings. But the only way I know how to grow is to be brutally honest with myself - and to ask my friends to be honest as well and to support me in my growth.

It isn't easy.

But the good news is that I am learning and growing and I want to keep doing that for life. After all, it is the learning and growth, much of it the result of mistakes, that makes life so worthwhile.

I see myself as a flawed person but with a good heart and good intentions. I am happy that I am willing to admit my mistakes - more and more quickly, that I am willing to learn from them and then move on. I want to grow and stretch.

On another note, I am becoming royally sick and tired of the "news." Specifically I am talking about the news generated in the US. It's gone beyond fear-based and ratcheted up to panic-based. That's irresponsible. I'm beginning to think that it's a great plot to control the masses because, hey, people are easier to control when they're scared.

I have to stop reading the online newspapers. I can't imagine how much worse it must be for those who watch television.

No comments:

Post a Comment