Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Another Monday


And it's a happy Monday!

very happy.

Two more stories to do to fulfill my current contract - then it's the freelance life for me!

Every day I feel freer - but you know, that also feels a bit scary. Imagine - I have spent more than 45 years earning a living and being wholly responsible for myself - yes, even both times I was married. Believe me, I was 100 percent responsible.

Now it's time to kick back - to not "have to" earn a living. It feels strange. Wonderful but strange and, as I said, a little scary.

That's why, I think, it's so clever of me to do it in steps - freelance first with the same company I've been working with. And I'm going to do some mentoring of young writers. I want to help - contribute - do something in the big picture.

The grand adventure is underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment