Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Saying No


I said "No" to three story assignments this morning - and I'm still breathing through it.

So much comes up for me around that. Things like: "A good person would never say no." "A good person says yes and always does what is expected of her no matter how unreasonable that is." "It's selfish to put your needs in front of those of others"."

You get the picture.

On top of that is the fear that people will hate me if I say no - the fact that I say yes is why they like me in the first place.

Yup - that's what goes on for me and that's what I am working through. Learning to listen to my inner voice. to say yes only to what I truly want to do and believing that my value lies in who I am not in saying yes to everything.

I suspect this will be a process, just like retiring is a process. I just have to remember what all these self development programs keep stressing: trust the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment