Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's beginning


I feel like I'm making a new start - almost a new life. And it's little wonder. Retirement is, I think, one of the major turning points in life.

Starting high school - major

Moving away from home - big.

Getting married - huge.

Getting divorced - also major

Retirement - probably the most significant yet.

I find that I want to reflect on my life - to discover the predominant themes. What has my life been about? What have I accomplished? What is there still to achieve? Have I left a mark? How and where? But really, I think what I am looking for is the theme - the underlying melody that has woven its way in and out of the symphony of my life.

At first blush I see this as a time in my life that is just for me - at least initially. In my life I have done much for others: my parents, my teachers, my bosses, my spouses - I have tried hard to please all of them. This is a time to begin to please myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment