Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Freedom


I'm excited. Oh yes I am! I had almost forgotten how important autonomy is to me. Not just important - essential. And today I got my autonomy back.

I had a wonderful meeting with my publisher. Truthfully, all my meetings in the past with him have also been good. He has treated me well - always.

I was clear with him that as of the end of this month I want to be freelance - strictly. No more quotas - and that means that a clear "no" to some stories will be an option. (think HVAC stories or Fabricating - yuck!!!)

I'm going to work when I want and how much I want. That said, I will probably write about as much as I do now. But I do love the sense of freedom. I also very much like the idea of mentoring a young writer to take over some of my work. The search for such a writer begins.

Semi-retirement - here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment