Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lazy Sunday


I love Sundays like this. It's the perfect day. The day after a long hike - a day with nothing that I "have to" do. Just a morning to wake up slowly, take Abby for a walk. meander verrrry slowly around the market (while buying fresh artisan bread, ripe beefsteak tomatoes, cauliflower, Yukon Gold potatoes) and then back home. The door to the deck is open (where Abby is dozing in the sun) - the sun and warmth are pouring through along with an occasional wasp just to keep things interesting.

Lazy - no plans for the rest of the morning. But I can tell you that I plan on having that fresh crusty bread for lunch along with a tomato and avocado and fresh picked lettuce from my garden. I plan on a lovely nap and dark chocolate afterwards and then a leisurely walk with Abby. I may work in the garden for a bit. I'll sprawl on the couch and read.

I love a day like this - a bare feet and shorts day - a summer day.

I also completed my commitment on the cabin in Big Sur - wrote the deposit cheque and put it in an envelope - I'm off to the post office tomorrow. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment