Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

The Best Laid Plans


Yesterday, I'd planned on a cool, calm, quiet and uneventful Friday - so uneventful that I assumed there would even be time to go to my favourite u-pick blueberry farm.

Then at 8 a.m. came the first panic email - a feature story that needed to get done today - lots of interviews and research. Okay, I let go of my initial feeling of intense irritation and hopped on it. A couple of hours later the second email - the front page story for the same issue had to get done too.

So I scheduled it in. Later still, another feature that needed to get done today reared its ugly head. I said "no" to that one.

The saving grace of all this is knowing that very, very soon I will be saying no to all of these crazy and unnecessary last-minute  requests. This is one of the main reasons I have made the decision to be freelance - this last minute panic stuff.

And now I'm done and ready for a wonderful soul-restoring hike on Maple Mountain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment