Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

It's all new


It all feels so new - so different. I spend most of my time giiddy with happiness. Take today for instance. No work today. Yesterday I wrote my last "contract" invoice. I am now officially 100 percent freelance.

So today was a day off. I cleaned the house and did the laundry and then gardened for the rest of the morning. This afternoon I hiked for two hours in the Lantzville foothills. The sunshine was heaven and I found a terrific new trail to the top of Mohawk. After that, a visit to Chapters and more books and then home. All of this without a trace of guilt or feeling I "should" be working.

This is complete freedom. I love it. And at the same time it's so novel and so new I can't really take it all in. After all, I've been working for at least 45 years - actually, probably 47 years. Oh sure there were a few months there when I was young when I wasn't exactly working. If was the 60's after all. But all in all, it's been pretty steady stuff.

And now, here I am.

So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment