Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

commitment


I don't know hwy, but I find commitment very hard sometimes. But I did it! And it's so true what they say - that commitment is the ultimate freedom. You take all other options off the table and you are finally free to move forward rather than being stuck in a place of indecision.

And so I have confirmed and booked my cabin for a week in Big Sur. Hurrah!

This is for next year in September. I will leave the day after Labour Day - and this is usually the time of "best weather" on the coast. I plan to take the ferry from Victoria to Port Townsend and then a leisurely 6 days driving down the coast. After a week in Big Sur (heaven) I will drive down to Pismo Beach, over to the Grand Canyon and then back up through Utah's Canyonlands, Yellowstone, the Tetons and home.

I love travelling and I love that elusive thing called "home." I realize now too why I scrapped Europe in favour of Big Sur. For many years, a little village in Switzerland was my "home" place. Now that is no longer true. Who would have thought that this might ever change?

It did.

Home now feels more like Big Sur - and the Oregon Coast - and maybe, just maybe even this place where I live. So I not only get to love my familiar places all over again, I also get to see huge chunks of country I have never seen. I think I'm going to have a very good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment