Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring


Spring is here - officially. Earlier this week the frogs began their chorus and now I can go to sleep at night to their crepuscular lullaby.

This morning I really noticed the clamour of birdsong - and noticed as well the boy birds chasing after the girl birds. Spring bulbs are blooming spreading their multicoloured joy among last falls decaying leaves. Stinging nettles are almost ready for the picking. Trees are growing heavy with buds and the leaves have unfurled on the curling branches of swamp willows revealing their white-flowered hearts.

Next: swamp cabbages, longer and longer daylight hours and sunshine that brings real warmth.

Early Friday afternoon and my week is done. Everything - but everything - is tidied away with every story put to bed and tucked in. A weekend beckons and for me that means my favourite kind of shopping day tomorrow: Chapters and Valhalla Pure. Image! My two fav stores in one day!

Hiking on Sunday or, even more likely - snowshoeing.

1 comment:

  1. Just gotta adore a writer who can use "crepuscular" in a sentence.

    ReplyDelete