Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Babies


If you really want to put things in perspective, all you need to do is go find yourself a baby and then hold him for a bit.

That was certainly my experience this morning. That's Roman with mom. Ain't he a beauty?

And he is. He is a gorgeous baby. When I see a little person like this, not only does my heart melt, but my brain, in compensation, stiffens up. It's Roman and his friends that matter. He's the reason I want to stop Enbridge and kick Harper out of government and hold the bankers' feet to the fire and generally do everything I can to save this planet and, hopefully, make it a better world.

This is important. I fear that far too many people are living only for themselves - for right now. They really do believe that they can take their toys with them. I believe we do it for the next generation. And I also believe that the good feeling I get inside when I do the "right" thing is reward enough.

This morning's hike was just the best. You can't beat a bunch of friends, three very happy dogs and a beautiful baby out in nature. yup - it's unbeatable!

No comments:

Post a Comment