Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

politics again


I want to stay off the subject of politics - I really do. I try to tell myself that it isn't really getting worse. Surely politics has always been a dirty game. Think back to the Watergate scandal!

Unfortunately, much as I would like to stick my head in the sand, I am incapable of doing so. I am spitting angry with the current federal and provincial BC governments. Neither feels like a democracy any more. Harper himself declared his government a dictatorship. The robocall scandal is terrifying. We have to have a Royal Commission on this. If we don't, then the government will know they can use voter suppression again and again with impunity.

The federal government that promised during the election campaign not to re-open a debate on abortion, is now going to do just that in April. How dare they! How dare the government on both sides of the border declare a war on women. I want these old white guys to keep my private bits out of politics.

How dare the government label environmentalists as "radicals." They are the radicals. What is more radical than destroying the earth we live on?

I could go on. But I need to breathe and count my blessings and think of the places where we, the people, are making headway and gaining ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment