Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

odds and ends


There's something really nice about being finished work by lunchtime on Friday. And just to make sure that no more assignments come flying my way that need to be completed before the end of the day, I am heading out: post office to drop off a parcel of books for my mom, the tailor to pick up hemmed slacks and Westwood Ridges for a walk with Abby.

Sounds like a plan.

American Idol is ramping up. I have an early favourite in Colton Dixon. I am so tired of girls trying to be another Adele - the singing flavour of the month. Which is not to disparage Adele. I took some time to watch and listen to her on YouTube yesterday - the lady has chops. She truly is sensational. I kept thinking of opera meets country.

But Adele is fabulous because she is herself. So what a singer (and everyone) needs to do is find out who they are and then be true to that - 100 percent.

One of the great disappointments in my life is not singing. I know the old saying: if you can talk you can sing. Well, yes of course I can sing. It's just that you wouldn't want me to do it in public.

So here's to the singers! And here's to The Voice and American Idol - very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment