Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

Happiness



Happiness is a warm puppy. Or a warm adult dog.

Or - a number of other things.

Today I am so happy I could sing and dance. Yes - the happy dance!

What I find interesting is what it is that makes me happy. Today, several thing combined to make me ultra happy. First, getting my ordered Icebreaker underwear from Valhalla Pure and an Osprey lumbar pack for lightweight shorter hikes. And then hiking in the sunshine in Linley Valley (well, bushwacking is more like it).

And then coming back to more assignments from the Times. This last one probably made me happier than the others. You see, work, especially more work (because I am freelance) still really does it for me. This is true partly because achievement is one of my driving needs and partly because it means they like me, otherwise they wouldn't continue to assign stories to me.

And, last - it's Friday with a full morning's hike to look forward to.

It really doesn't take much to make me happy. And you know what? I believe that's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment