Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Joys of Retirement


Before I retired I thought the joy in that would lie in not working - in simply putting my feet up and starting each day with a blank slate. And there is something nice in that - in having whole days with "nothing much" on the agenda.

However, the real joy is in working and choosing to work only on the projects I want to work on. It doesn't even matter where that "want" comes from. It can come from "Wow - that excites me!" or "Wow - that's good money!" or "Wow - I can be a hero if I pull this one off!"

Doesn't matter - the satisfaction is terrific.

This really came home to me this morning when I noticed a former client that I could probably work for again if he knew I was available. Then I thought about my experience with that client. And I quickly thought, "Nope - don't need to do that."

And that's really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment