Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hiking the Westwood Ridges


One of the things I like about hiking the Westwood Ridges (other than the fact that they're so close and accessible) is that there are so many options. You can get out and climb up and down vigorously for four or five hours or you can have a relatively simple walk of three hours.

Today we had a human and dog pack: six of us (counting the baby) and four of them. Can you say chaos?

No matter - they had fun. I think even little Roman enjoys hikes - they rhythm of walking and all that....

I did fine too until I decided to prove to myself that I could jump across the stream. Turns out I couldn't . The water was deep and my foot got exceedingly cold and wet. Note to self - waterproof boots are only good if you don't get in so deep that water pours in over the top.

As it turned out, the day was perfect and the view from the top was outstanding.


And it was nice that for Roman's sake, we had choices about length of hike at least three times - as it turned out we used one of the shorter options - total hiking time: three hours and 15 minutes.

And yes - there was still snow up in them thar hills. (Mount Benson)


No comments:

Post a Comment