Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

weather


It's a sad day indeed when I am driven to write about the weather.

However, I'll make an exception - mainly because I am so impressed that I spent three hours out in it and will go out once again with the dog this afternoon.

It goes without saying that J and I were the only ones at Cable Bay this morning. Not one other car in the parking lot - and we actually hiked in this stuff for three hours! See, I think that's more impressive than saying - "Hey - I made it to base camp on Everest!"

Everest may have the winds but rain this epic? I doubt it.

The up side of this weather is that once my final walk with Abby is done, I get to huddle inside - hot bubble bath, warm leftover veggie stew and a really good book (The Language of Flowers).

Every cloud - even a mile thick slate grey rain cloud - as a silver lining.

1 comment:

  1. Impressive! I bet it was gorgeous (and soggy) but well worth it, wished I sucked it up and went for a hike :)

    ReplyDelete