Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Quiet Day


It's a quiet, contemplative kind of day - with weather to fit the mood. Darkness is settling in early while raindrops drum on the roof. All colour is lost in the closing mist.

This morning we hiked in the Linley Valley. I came home to the news that Angus died this morning at 6 a.m.

His wife is teaching me about love and grace - about compassion and bigness of heart. She is amazing. Such love they had and still have.

I don't know what I believe about life after death. I know that we do go on - we are more than bones and skin and blood. We are hearts and souls - and what form that takes once we leave our bodies - I have no idea.

I know what I hope for - that I will recognize the ones I loved when I leave this earth and that includes my dogs - who, in some cases, I loved more honestly and truly than any people.

I hope for a bliss of forgiveness and understanding.

Until then, all I can do is my best to live this life as though it were the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment