Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

American Idol


I can't help it - really, I can't. I love American Idol. I love it as much as I love X Factor. And - my gosh - this year I am actually beginning to like Stephen Tyler and Jennifer Lopez.

I watch it on YouTube. In fact, I am itching to get at the Aspen Colorado auditions right now.... (which would explain a very short post.)

What I like about these shows? I like the happiness. I rarely watch the awful performances. I don't enjoy seeing delusional people get their comeuppance. I like the triumphs - the joy - the elation. I swear I can almost feel what it's like to hear them yelling, "You're going to Hollywood!" I want to shriek along with the contestants, to jump up and down and hug everyone in sight. As often as not, that kind of joy brings tears to me eyes.

I love to see people succeed.

And it's happy news - there's little enough of that around these days.

So - that's it. I'm off to YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment