Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Big City


I didn't actually see all that much of the big city yesterday. Had a very bumpy and windy crossing and then a bus ride from Horseshoe Bay to downtown. A quick walk of about five blocks to C's condo in the heart of downtown. What a view! And what a fabulous reno she and her guy have done. Best of all, what a fabulous puppy she has. I am such a sucker for an affectionate dog and Maple is a total love bug.

Then an exciting ride from downtown to Dunbar in rush hour traffic! Now I know why I don't live in the city. It's dangerous, darn it! And I'm not talking about the Lower East Side.

At any rate, we picked up a huge amount of excellent sushi (which we demolished with great dispatch) and we talked and laughed and hugged and it was such a great evening.

The ride back was uneventful. I just wish I was able to sleep on the ferry. I got home at 1.15 to Abby greeting me with a nice welcome but not frantically. Clearly she has no abandonment issues. She was having a nice snooze when I woke her up. I think I turned off the bedroom light at about 1.45 and got up this morning at about 7.30.

I have a confession to make. I just can't do the late nights any more. Well, yes I can - technically - I mean, I just did. But really, I am not at my best today. Ever since I put the garbage out (8.30) I've been counting off the minutes until I can legitimately take my afternoon nap.

It was worth it though. And there seems a very very strong possibility of a trip to Chile in about 12 months time. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment