Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday


I love Fridays. Even thought they "should" no longer be special (my being sort of retired and all) they still are. I rather hope they always will be. There's something delicious about closing off a work week and having the weekend ahead - full of possibilities.

It's almost the same feeling I get when I go on vacation. I love that feeling of absolute freedom when I pull out of the driveway and the open road lies ahead. What will happen next? What great adventure awaits?

A weekend means indulgence - not caring one whit about work in any way, shape or form. That's why I do the laundry and clean the house on Friday - no "have-tos" on the weekend. Oh sure, I have to walk Abby but that's not a chore - that's a bit of love for us both. Hiking or snowshoeing or (soon) cross country skiing is the same idea - it's all about doing what you love - what Abby and I love.

It's only just past eleven a.m. and I'm done for the day. Oh sure, there's still laundry to fold, but I love folding laundry. I adore having clean clothes in the my drawers and closet and fresh sheets on the bed. Yes - I agree - I'm odd. And even odder when you consider how I fold and place my laundered clothing and linens - but that's fodder for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment