Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

It's Cold!


It's cold out there today!

And that makes it ever so much harder to get out there and do my 60 - 90 minute afternoon walk. On the other hand, this is where having a dog comes in handy. You have to get out - period!

I wrote two stories this morning, which means that it was a productive time. Now I don't want to do a thing other than lounge in a hot bath or crawl under an eiderdown. I also want to get to the Steve Jobs biography - I'm about halfway through.

What I find interesting is my own reaction to the book - which is very well researched and written, by the way. My friend who lent it to me told me, as he was going through it, the Jobs was crazy and not a very nice man. I suspect J was right but I find as I am reading it that everything he does and says are things that I find frighteningly "normal." It is people just like Steve Jobs that I worked with and for in the film and advertising industry for so many years. Do these types of industries simply attract eccentrics (or boors if you will)? Or do these industries actually nurture and reward bad behaviours.

Perhaps a little bit of both.

I wonder how different my career/life might have been if I had had the presence of mind to stand up to and not tolerate unacceptable behaviour by my superiors.

No comments:

Post a Comment