Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hiking Trails


The theme for today is "trails".

First, a meeting this morning with an RDN rep and others to discuss a TCT into Cedar. It looks like we mapped out a very nice trail coming down from Spruston Road and all the way into the Cedar Village Centre - then on to Jack Point, Duke Point and around the estuary to Living Forest.

Naturally, there's some work to be done but we have a plan. This is good. Included in the plan are connections to other existing parks, trails and sites like Hemer Park, Boat Harbour and the Morden Colliery Mine site.

Next: in the afternoon I did my first Harewood Plains trail exploration. I see some very nice possibilities - some beautiful spots here but it needs more investigation - which I will do. I cut the initial trip short because I had to go to Chapters to restock - "Had to" is a relative phrase of course but when I get down to only two or three unread books bedside, it's definitely time to restock.

1 comment:

  1. We get withdrawal symptoms too when we get close to running out of books. We recently made the shift to e-readers and e-books. The convenience factor alone of being able to shop anytime, anywhere and put some jingle in an author's jeans works for us. Nice for the trees too. Didn't think I'd like it to begin with, but I'm a huge fan now. And having an e-reader drop on your head when you fall asleep reading hurts way less than a hardcover...

    ReplyDelete