Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Work is good


It's been a busy week. With all three newspapers sharing an end-of-week deadline, the "last minute" stories have been piling in. And truthfully, I don't mind it one bit.

I like freelancing. I am far more motivated to work. And the amount of work I am doing is just about right. I could happily go at this pace for another 10-20 years. I don't think I've ever been more content about my work.

Knowing me, I suspect I'd get bored very quickly with a total and complete plunge into retirement. This is perfect. I finish the work week tomorrow afternoon and then I'll probably not work again for a week to ten days. Life is good. I'll be hiking on Saturday, volunteering on Sunday and doing my one store on Boxing Day - Chapters.

Celebrating today - the winter solstice. Tomorrow is one second longer than today. The excitement of a new season, a new year and a new future begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment