Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

Sunset


It's 4.30 p.m. and the most intriguing sunset is occurring outside my window. I have photographed spectacular sunsets in the past - all orange and red skies. This one is different and probably fitting for December: pink-tinged gray, softest violet and a soft pearlescence - beautiful!

That brings me to the exciting news that in five days the days will get longer. Yes - the 22nd will be a full second longer than the 21st. Oh joy! Yes, I do that - I count the days until we turn that winter solstice corner and then watch the seconds and minutes pile up as the days grow ever longer and, hopefully, warmer.

This has been a good week - a good amount of interesting work and a good ending with all the loose ends tied up. It's going to be a good weekend: the roast for dear Angus tomorrow and a full day hike in a new location on Sunday. Bring it all on!

No comments:

Post a Comment