Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

rudeness


Some things I admit I will never understand - not fully anyway. Off the top of my head I'd put Einstein's theory of relativity on the list -  and also rude people.

I've probably sounded off about this before - but I just have to let some more steam off. Today I had an appointment to do a telephone interview - and the person knows I have a tight deadline. I call - no answer. I call again. He picks up the phone and says he is in a meeting. He will call me back in 10 minutes. Thirty minutes later I call him back - he's not there or not answering his phone.

I leave a message saying I will put together a piece from info I can glean on various web sites and I will send it to him for changes and/or approval. Now - almost three hours later, still not a word. We go to press tomorrow.

I don't get it. Is this person just habitually rude?

I can't imagine treating anyone like this. And you see, here's the big deal for him. What I know - and I think most people do - is that the way I do one thing is the way I do everything. This guy works for a very large company with a huge reputation to uphold. Would I recommend this company to anyone?

Not a chance!

I'd love to know what makes people behave like this. If anyone has a clue, I'd love to hear from you.

And thanks - I feel much better.

I feel better for other reasons too: it's my last day of working for a while. I got a great surprise Christmas gift today and I have lovely hikes and volunteer work planned for the next few days. Life is very very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment