Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Whew! What a day!

 The fact is that if technology can make things difficult instead of easy, it will opt for difficult every time.

It's a Murphy's Law sort of thing.

The video of Jim Routledge for Mayor is done - you can check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McHcQI_AgoQ

Shooting the video and editing it were really the easy bits.

It started getting tough when I tried to upload it to YouTube and from there share it on FB, Twitter and so on. It seems I had not logged into my YouTube account for some time. And it seems that YouTube is now tied to Google and I needed a new password and so on. I don't want to bore you here with everything I went through for TWO HOURS - but suffice to say that I finally had to end up setting up a new email account on Yahoo (also tied to Google) and then three new accounts on Google and YouTube until one finally worked.

And then, just when I thought that I was done, I logged into my blog only to find that my info here had changed too because, of course, Blogger is tied in to Google and Yahoo and YouTube.

Sigh

And this was after spending the entire morning editing - trying to remember how to use the rusty software (coupled with my rusty brain) and discovering the "help" on my Adobe software no longer works - so figured it all out - made a few mistakes - went back - fixed them - and so on.

End of the day - almost. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment