Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Editorials


I'm going to start by saying I love the editorial in today's Daily News! If you haven't read it, I suggest you do. I don't always agree with it - not every day. Sometimes I find the editorials trivial or too "soft" on issues or just regurgitating what has already been written elsewhere in the paper. But today's was bold, brave and spot on. The subject is Low Barrier Housing and the reasons why the paper is for it are well thought out and intelligently presented. Good for you, Daily News!

I think I'm probably like a lot of people when it comes to reading newspapers: Front page first, then bridge, comics and editorial page - then I get around to the rest of it.

Newspapers have a big role to play in elections. They are, I think, our best source of information about the candidates and they can influence how the vote goes. I've always thought the Daily News did an excellent job on local election coverage. Good start so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment