Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Trouble


Sometimes I wake up in the morning and wonder, "Is this all there is?"

It's not a depressing thought but it's more along the lines of curiosity. I realize that today is going to be a day very much like every other - and I will go to bed at the end of it content but without having accomplished a great deal or leaving a mark on the world. And then I ask myself if I have ever made a significant difference. I certainly have not won a Nobel Prize or an Academy Award - and it's pretty likely I won't do either in the immediate future.

So what, I wonder, is the point of my existence. Surely I don't want to be one of those sad nonagenarians who sit in nursing homes staring at the wall with nothing but regrets.

I think about these things. And then something exciting pops up that makes it all worthwhile. Today I unearthed my years old Myst Exile game that I only ever played for an hour when I got it and never thought to install again because I didn't think it would work with my current operating system. Today I installed it and it works. I have hours and hours - nay, weeks and months of play time ahead of me!

In other words, I can stop flagellating myself and begin reveling in my purpose - to solve this blinking game!

No comments:

Post a Comment