Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday at last


This is nice.

Work is almost done - almost but not quite. Almost enough that I am taking a break. As I said to my neighbour this afternoon - "What retirement?"

And I think that's the way it should be. Yes, we should "retire" from work that is simply work - even if we like that work. We should, however, never, ever retire from that things that get us excited - from the things we are passionate about.

I've had a strong, deep-seated interest in politics for years. I have just never been involved on a personal level. And I would never have become involved if it wasn't for and with a candidate I totally believe in. Some years ago I was asked to head the communications team for a provincial candidate and I turned him down.

My heart has to be in it. I have to believe passionately. And with Jim I do.

Okay, how much time was that? Ten minutes? I think that's all the break time I get. Shooting a video on Sunday - what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment